Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Birth of My Wolf Boy


This painting is quite a bit busier than most of my paintings. Like most of my paintings, it represents a dream that i had. When i came out of my coma the doctors told me two things: that i would never walk again and that i would never have children. This was difficult for me to face as i was a young woman, who had just been in a severe car accident on my honeymoon. 
A few years later i had a dream that my husband and i were on a beach, when a giant turtle floated up to us. We climbed onto his back and he took us out to sea. My husband put up a teepee for shelter that also acted as a sail. We had six white birds (swans) and six black birds (ravens) circling around us for our entire trip and i could always see my Grandfather Bear's face in the sky. We traveled for nine moons before being beached on a tiny island inhabited by eight beavers. 
My husband then put on a shaman's shirt and began chanting while going through the steps of a ritual and his hands became wolf heads. I went into the teepee, gave birth to a wolf pup, who went hungrily for my beast right away. After that,  two doves opened the door flaps for me and i emerged wearing a pair of wings, skirt and head dress of the Thunderbird. 
When i woke up i told my husband about my dream and shortly after that i started experiencing morning sickness. I told myself it was psychosomatic, but went to the doctor to get checked up just to be safe. We found out that i was pregnant and seven months later i gave birth to my beautiful wolf boy. I guess sometimes God's plans overcome doctors wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment